Thursday, July 8, 2010

There's worse things than bad teeth

Now I've always had dodgy teeth. A life of grinding an overbite has left me with a plethora of dental work and several teeth that are now ceramic and gold rather than enamel. But at least this just causes regular dental bills.

Took my daughter to her first adult dental appointment today. No cavities, no crowding and her teeth are being looked after quite well.....Oh and a bloody great overbite....

Braces....Children plus overbite equals poverty.

The mathematics of Orthodontics.

6 comments:

  1. Hate to think what my chompers cost my parents - a few ski trips at least is my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will let you guys know what it costs when I pluck up enough courage to call the Orthodontist....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you forgot the final part of the equation

    Child + Overbite = Poverty + Orthodontist in Porche

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey luv, I got braces for my girl for overcrowding and an overbite and it costs us about $5k.

    We pay in installments though, so be sure to ask them about it.

    If you have health cover, check if it's covered. Alot isn't covered.

    And, for basic dental checks, she should be going to her local school dental clinic for free.

    Its worth it, seriously, it is.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes we got the checkup for free and we have top extras. Mum and Dad have offered to loan us the money, but fear has kept me from going further. Soon though. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True story. In 1993 I went to get a tooth crowned. When I started the process the dentist drove a Mini. By the time I finished, he was driving a Range Rover.

    ReplyDelete